Thursday 29 April 2010

This is my hat!


English for Newcomers to Australia
Prepared by the Commonwealth Office of Education, consultant RG Crossley, first edition July 1948

The purpose of the is book is to help immigrants to Australia, who do not yet speak English to get some knowledge of the language as rapidly as possible.

Lesson 11
This is my head, This is my hat, My hat is in my hand. My hand is on my head.
This is Mr Peel's head, It is his head. I put my hat on his head. My hat is on his head.
This is Mrs Peel's head. It is her head. I put my hat on her head. I take my hat off Mr Peel's head and put it on Mrs Peel's head.

I'm not sure about you but if i didn't know English, I don't think I could learn it this fast.

No comments:

The songs my father sang

Paulius Rutenis (Rutkauskas) 19 March 1919 – 28 August 1983 Singer, soloist, actor, director, journalist. A man who was seen on and off ...