Women's Society committee, 1962
From left back row: A. morkuniene, K. Garbaliauskiene, P. Gavaliene, M. Navakiene
Front: B. Vaboliene, S. Jonaviciene, E. Reisoniene, N. Varniauskiene.
The Society was formed March 1st, 1952, and open to all Lithuanian women in Adelaide. Some of the aims of the society were to visit the sick in hospital and assisting disadvantaged families. The society in its formative years remembered Lithuanians still displaced in Germany, they sent monetary donations twice a year.
The women would cook traditional food for Christmas for the school children and would purchase presents to give to all the children, at times over 160.
Money raised from numerous sources, lotteries, donations were forwarded to the Lithuanian school in Germany, as well as donations to the local sports club, library, choir, students.