Thursday, 18 April 2013

Death of Lithuanians who worked on the Snowy Mountains

There were numerous fatalities on the Snowy Mountain Scheme, several of those Lithuanians.

JOSIUNSKAS Jonas was an Electrician and was electrocuted

Accidental Death From Fumes
COOMA, Wednesday 

The Cooma District Coroner, Mr. H. V. Brigden, J.P.,  returned a finding of accidental death today at an inquest on Basyl Blazinskas,43, a Lithuanian, who was found dead in his hut at the Tolbar camp of the Snowy Mountains Authority, 16 miles from Adaminaby, on August 18.

The coroner found that deceased died from carbon monoxide poisoning accidentally caused from the fumes of a heater in his room.

27 August 1953 Sydney Morning Herald

No comments: